- These are different for everyone. Please discuss with your doctor the idea of having a food-allergy test done, if you haven’t already. While these tests aren’t all-inclusive, they can really help raise awareness. Common examples: dairy allergies, nut allergies, berry/fruit allergies. Very important to know what, if any, food allergies you may have.
- Although, you may not be allergic to a particular food, you may have a strong sensitivity. Sensitivities, at first, may not seem so harmful but, can cause much digestive distress and eventually contribute to inflammation. Examples include: lactose intolerance, gluten intolerance, and many others. These can sometimes be tricky to identify, so again, please consult your physician regarding specific negative food experiences.
- You have to pay attention to your body’s response to certain foods, for example, I love and am not allergic to cucumbers. They taste wonderful and refreshing but, for some reason, within 20 minutes of eating them, I have a dizzying, nauseating, wicked indigestion. It’s horrible so, I take note to avoid, or I suffer. Similarly, with raw onions, cooked are fabulous.
COMMON FOODS THAT CAUSE OR CONTRIBUTE TO INFLAMMATION:
- A basic catchall, if it’s WHITE, SWEET, FRIED, SOFT OR STICKY = BAD
- White breads, rolls, bagels, cakes, doughnuts, and pies. These are items made with white flour, and yes, there are many more. Pretzels, white crackers, cookies, biscuits, pancakes, waffles.
- Sugars, sugar substitutes, flavored coffee creamers, syrups, jellies, jams, and preserves.
- High fructose corn syrup, this may be found in fruit juices, condiments, ketchup, salad dressings. This is a junk sugar syrup, many food manufacturers have begun removing this from their food items but, check those labels, especially fruit juices.
- White rice, basically a sugar.
- Refined cooking oils, corn oil, sunflower oil.
- Fried foods, french fries, breaded fried meat/fish/vegetables.
- Pizza, egg rolls, white pasta, elbows, spaghetti, lasagna. Again white pasta is sugar.
- Ice cream, pudding, molasses, and sodas. All sugar, and diet is not better, fake sugar is not healthier than real sugar.
- Tacos & tortillas.
- Cheeses, not all, I will list some good ones in a separate post. Canned or jarred cheese sauces/dips, packaged hard cheeses.
===>Curcumin 2000 with Piperine helps fight inflammation<===