#1 FRESH LOCAL ORGANIC IS ALWAYS BEST
- Where ever you live, your local food grower is always going to be the best source of fresh produce. Many will deliver to your door.
- Everything you bought FRESH LOCAL ORGANIC can be frozen. I bag and freeze spinach, kale, and again use in smoothies or soups/stews. And really, make sure you use them up.
- Frozen tomatoes are good for marinara sauces, chili, stews, slow cooker soups, etc. Anything celery, carrots, just clean, dry, cut up, bag, and freeze.
- Frozen bananas, entire unpeeled banana(s) in bag and freeze. I use them in breakfast smoothies, remove peel with butter knife.
#2 NO CANNED OR BOXED
- Pretty much if it’s canned or boxed you really shouldn’t eat it. This is a generalization, but yes, canned pasta, fruits or dehydrated flavored rice/noodle mixes NOT GOOD. These items are usually loaded with inflammation causing culprits: sugar, sodium, and chemical preservatives. Read labels, educate yourself!
#3 START EATING HEALTHIER
- Always check with your doctor before making any changes. You need to be aware of any allergies or medical contraindications particular to your health!
- The way we’ve eaten has been harmful or negligible at best but, that’s what we know. Cold turkey(quitting) is fabulous, but some need a weaning period. So be creative, take it seriously.
- Start with some quick easy breakfasts. Then create some “special dinners” normally our biggest most enjoyed meal of the day. Lunch can be tough for working people, can be done, most restaurants offer healthy options.